Wednesday, February 25, 2009

VISIT WITH A DEAR FRIEND...








What a joy it was to finally meet Kristen Wisen in person! My daughter Annie and I flew out to Michigan and spent a week with her family. I met Kristen when she introduced herself to me on my first blog. She's been such an encouragement to me as I have a passion to spread the seeds of preparation for the return of Christ. If you've visited my blog much, you know it is my understanding that Scripture clearly teaches that the church will be here for the coming great persecution by Antichrist. We've never been promised deliverance from tribulation. In fact, it is during tribulation that the Lord produces endurance. Those who are His will have enduring faith because Jesus loses none that the Father gives Him.

Kristen is presently teaching through Romans at her church, Harvest Bible Chapel, in her ladies Bible study. Annie and I were there for chapters six and seven. Her lessons are podcasted from the church's website. She's a great teacher and it was the highlight of my week to get to hear a lesson in person!

She had a group of friends over for lunch on one of the days we were there. (See image two.) We are both amazed at how complete strangers can act like long lost sisters but we know it is because of the foundation and relationship we have with Jesus Christ. We enjoyed warm fellowship around Kristen's dining room table as Kristen gave me the opportunity to share with the gals how I came to my understanding of the prewrath position.

Sunday night was youth group. I of course took my camera with me and had a ball capturing the fun the kids were having. (See image four.)

The Wisens live right on Lake Michigan on a beautiful piece of property. Annie and I took a couple of quick strolls around the property, it was very cold for us! One of my favorite outside images is the third image, capturing the sun through the trees as it rose in a late winter Michigan sky.

Thank you Kristen, you were more than too good to us! Blessings to you dear friend as you faithfully serve our wonderful Lord!

8 comments:

GloryBabies3 said...

Hi Kathy!
I was hoping you might share some pictures from your time with Kristen! She has shared many bits and pieces of her friendship with you over the weeks, so it was wonderful to meet you face to face. Our lunch together and Bible study the next morning were the highlights of my week! I felt like I had met a new/old friend. Hmmm, is that something like a near/far prophesy? It was great to meet you now, and I look forward to spending eternity with you as well!

Watching for the signs together,
Beth T.
(I think Kristen referred to me as trouble-making Beth...hmmph!)

Kathy Hall said...

Beth Tarno!

There, I said your name for Kristen...(hope I spelled your last name correctly.)

It was wonderful to meet you too. Annie and I had such a good time. I enjoyed our lunch together. It was as Kristen said even with you gals too - strangers can act like long lost sisters because of the foundation and relationship we have in Jesus Christ.

I put together a web album of our visit. You can view it by clicking here. Hit slideshow and enjoy!

Thanks for dropping in and saying hi.

Watching for the signs with you!

Kathy

GloryBabies3 said...

Kathy,
I was excited just to see the pictures you posted on your blog...your slide show was an awesome added bonus! They were wonderful, thanks for sharing.

I especially liked the "cooking with the Wisens" montage..you all look like you're having such a good time. (care to share what your favorite meal was?? I couldn't identify the food from the picture!) The picture that had Dave way in the background crashed in his favorite chair made me chuckle. Lindsey's girls are always adorable, and there were a few tree close ups that I thought were very cool as well!

I'm looking forward to staying connected via your blog!

Beth Tarnow...you just needed to add a "w" at the end!

Jim G. said...

Hi Kathy,

I saw your note to me a few days ago at the cave. That is wonderful how the Lord allowed you and Kristen the opportunity to meet one another.

It's been both stressful and exciting the past few weeks. As I think you know, I work for the Oregon Judicial Department. As in all states, our state is experiencing severe revenue shortfalls. The Oregon Constitution has a requirement that our budgets be balanced (spending cannot exceed revenue). But, revenue amounts are always projected amounts when budgets are made. Oregon's budgets are on a two year cycle. Of course, two years ago, revenue projections were much higher. Our current biennium ends June 30, 2009 so there's not much time left to make up the shortfall.

I found out Friday that the Judicial Department is cutting hours and salary for all employees 20%! Ouch. We were barely scraping by before the cuts. God is in control though. So, I'm excited to see how this works out. It may not be fun in the natural but it is exciting in the spiritual realm. I know he is our provider. This will only force us to lean more heavily on Him.

Kathy Hall said...

Beth Tarnow -

Sorry, I'm just going to have to say your whole name from now on!

Well, my favorite meal was Sunday's when Kristen made a pot roast. She didn't even get upset with me when I put ketchup on everything!

As you could see, those chairs are good for napping in. I availed myself of Kristen's after filling up on pot roast.

My favorite images were of the twins on the couch. Such adorable photo subjects.

I'm so glad to hear you will continue to drop in and visit periodically. I now have another new/old friend! (Your near/far prophesy comment made me chuckle.)

Blessings new friend!

Kathy

Kathy Hall said...

Thanks for dropping in and saying hi Jim! My daughter and I had such a great time with Kristen. It is wonderful how the Lord brought our paths together, a real joy and blessing.

We know from scripture that things are just going to continue to spiral down as the return of Christ draws closer. I can't help but think we are in the last minutes. But praise God He is in control of it all! My next post is going to be on the lesson I heard Kristen's husband give at youth group. I think it will encourage you so do drop back by
in a couple of days.

Thanks again for the visit Jim!

Kathy

Lindsey said...

Kathy,

It was so nice to meet you and hear about your sweet friendship with Kristen. Sorry that it was so stinking cold here for your visit. I loved seeing the pictures you took out here. You have a real gift/eye for beauty. Loved the pic of my girls crawling onto the couch where just their pants are in color. How much fun was that! Thanks again, we had so much fun with you and Annie.

Kathy Hall said...

Hi Lindsey,

It was a joy to meet you! Your girls are such fun and adorable photo subjects. I'm sending Kristen a CD of all the images with high resolution files so if there are any you'd like as prints I'm sure she'd be happy to loan you the CD. If there are just a couple in particular I can even send you the files via email. It seems like you can do just about everything over the internet now! My email address is tim271@centurytel.net Just let me know...

Thanks for dropping by and saying hi.

Kathy