Saturday, April 2, 2011

Testimony to Encourage You...

Below is a testimony I came across in the discussion room at Fulfilled Prophecy, a website that I visit often.  (I tried to post a link to it but for some reason it wouldn't work.)  I asked permission from GodsStudent (her screen name) if I could post it here, to my blog.  The topic being discussed was of the evil around us and of the disasters that are occurring.  Here is a child of God who lives with an eternal perspective, who has her mind set on things above.  May GodsStudent's words encourage you...

There are many more disasters ahead.  The evil around me is not as pervasive as the Gospel Message.  There is no hope for the one who hopes on himself, or the government, or man's way of life. In that case, the hope is diminished every time something hits close to home for that person. In Christ, the rock I stand on is solid. In truth, which is the Word of God, I am told that when I see these things, I am not to disintegrate into a heap on the floor, I am not to be afraid....I am to look up. The Lord is there. He always has been, and He still is. In the midst of everything seemingly hopeless in this world, the Lord is still moving heaven and earth to ensure His children are taken care of. What, truly, do I have to fear? Death? No...it has no sting. To live is Christ, to die is gain. Whatever tragedies bestow themselves, near or far in my life, one thing remains.....the faith I have in the Lord transgresses from everyday to the end of days, be them mine, or the entire world's. He is Faithful.  

1 comment:

GloryBabies3 said...

Hmm...think I might have to print this one out. Very nicely put.