Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Believer's Destiny

This is the time of year when Hallmark comes out with its line of graduation cards.  High school graduates are moving on to college and college graduates are moving into careers.  Some are probably thinking, especially in the current job climate, what does the future hold for me?  Will I be able to even find a job?

There is good news in our uncertain times.

The believer can know, with absolute certainty, their future.  When God chose you He had a purpose...

...that you would become a child of God.

...that you would become part of His family.

...that you would become an heir of all He owns.

...that you would take on the family likeness.

...you are destined to take on the character of God, your Father, the character of holiness and blamelessness. 

For the believer, our lives are growing into an absolutely sure and glorious future with God.  There are no unimportant days for us.  We don't ever have to lay our heads on our pillows at night feeling like we are going nowhere.  We don't ever have to give in to the lie that we are not connected to an awesome purpose.  We are connected to the greatest purpose that exists...praising the glory of God's grace throughout eternity!   

10 comments:

Dane said...

:) thanks bunches for this reminder! I already got one of the above said Hallmark cards. Really nice one too.

Kathy Hall said...

I don't know why Dane, but your comment doesn't seem to be showing up, at least for me. I could see it in my email though. Congratulations on your graduation! I'm going to have to put in a good word with Mrs. Wisen. When my husband and I are in Michigan in August, it sure would be great to meet you! You make me smile every time you drop by and leave a comment - Keep that heart always for the things of God.

Torn any computers apart, lately? ;-)

Dane said...

Hmm not showing up for me either..odd. Thank you! I am super glad, yet admittedly a bit anxious, about being done with high school and heading off to college in the fall.
I would love <3 love to meet you in the fall!! That would be spectacular :)
Glad I could make you smile. :)
And no sadly I have not had the privilege of messing with a computer :) haha Tore up a radio yesterday though.

Kathy Hall said...

Ok, your second comment didn't show up either. Really odd. You haven't torn any computers apart lately, but you did tear into a radio. My next question...did you put it back together and does it work?

Proverbs 3:5,6, and you will do just fine at college!

Dane said...

and yours doesn't seem to be either. Weird. ummm no it didn't work anymore. :) It was definitely un-fixable. It was broken before hand anyways, so no loss. Oh I love that verse!! Thanks :)

Kathy Hall said...

I'm getting your comments in my email, but they are not showing up here on the blog. But the comment counter is correct. Must be a blogger glitch...just so you know, I'm putting in a good word with Mrs. Wisen. Lord-willing, my husband and I will meet you later this summer!

Dane said...

Say! Comments look like they're back up. You're post didn't come up on your page though. I got it through google reader though. Very interesting. :D Technology is so complex, I'm surprised it doesn't crash more often

Kathy Hall said...

Hi Dane. Yeah, they all popped up finally. As far as my post not coming up, now that is strange. Google reader? Don't even know what that is, but since you are a computer whiz, you know much more than I do!

Dane said...

Google Reader is an application built by Google, which collects RSS(Really Simple Syndication) feeds from websites. RSS feeds work as publishers for frequently updated things on the web. Your blog and Mrs. Wisen's blog are examples of something that is frequently updated :) So using RSS, I can can subscribe to your blogs and be notified immediately when a new post comes up. But enough of the tech speak. Hope everything is up and running smoothly soon :)

Kathy Hall said...

Oh, I think you might be referring to my post from this morning that I deleted. I was asking for comments to see if there was still a problem. When I saw the comments were finally up, I deleted the post. I'll have to look into RSS...thanks for the info.