Sunday, March 30, 2008

THE "ABOMILATION OF DECIMATION" - Part 2

For Part 1 click here.

This morning my granddaughter greeted me with a big smile as I entered the foyer at church.

"Grammy, I read all the way through Matthew 24 this week!"

I gave her a big hug. What's the REALLY BIG sign I said?"

"The abomination of desolation!" (Did you catch that? She pronounced it correctly this time!)

We walked into the sanctuary together. During the service I was sandwiched in by her and my husband. The sermon was out of Romans 11. Our Pastor is working his way through the book. At one point I glanced over and noticed my granddaughter had her Bible open to Daniel. She pointed to 9:27, the Old Testament "abomination of desolation" verse. I smiled and gave her a wink. A bit later she tapped me on the shoulder. This time she was in Matthew 24. She pointed to 24:15, the New Testament "abomination of desolation" verse. Another smile and wink. Then I took a quick moment and turned the pages in her Bible to Revelation 6:12, one of the "triple sign" verses. This time I did the pointing and she did the smiling. I quickly turned the pages to Luke 21 and pointed at verse 25, another "triple sign" reference. I was flashed another smile. Then I ran my finger under verse 28: "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." She looked up at me, brown eyes sparkling and a huge grin broke out on her face. Then she whispered in my ear, "I see it Grammy, I totally see it!"

She didn't come home with me this afternoon but as she left I gave her a great big hug and then whispered in her ear, "Just as I'm holding on to you, you hold on to Truth, no matter what, ok?"

The reward was a squeeze back and an, "Ok."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

I noticed that Joel (or whoever manages his blog) stopped allowing people to post messages again. I imagine it was due to abuse. Do you have any idea if folks moved their Joel related converstations elsewhere? There were a number of regular folks whose posts I really enjoyed reading. (Yours was among them but of course you posted less regularly than some of the others.) Anyway, I miss the interesting posts and was wondering if you had any clue about their sudden disappearance. Oh no, maybe we're wrong and they were all raptured. Just kidding. I really wish that Joel enabled the conversations again.

Jim (Salem, OR)

Kathy Hall said...

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. My email is failing to notify me that someone has left a comment. I didn't notice it until today. I do think Joel stopped the comments because of the ugliness that was going on. There is another place where folks are meeting but it is by invitation only. Since I am not the host I am not able to give you the site. I hope Joel will enable the comments again soon. Rest assured, the rapture will not happen until after the lights go out! We've a ways to go yet. Hold fast until He comes. The ride will get very difficult at some point in the days ahead.

Kathy Hall said...

Just to let you know Jim, it is encouraging to know that there were other prewrathers reading at Joel's!

Alf Cengia said...

Hi Kathy, in fact I'd sent you a previous e-mail saying it was OK to engage in eschatological discussions, but obviously it didn't get through. I actually don't set the topics and, as you know, they vary quite a bit.

YBIC

mac

Kathy Hall said...

testing